Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Let's Fight

After so many years of being single and watching friends...some closer than others.. go in and out of relationships...stay in wonderful relationships and everything in between - I have come to one gigantic conclusion: people genuinely enjoy fighting (this includes arguing, pouting and anything of the sort). This probably sounds like the most ridiculous statement but I can honestly say that I used to be like this. Way back in the day when I used to be in college...I was in a long distance relationship and well.. what other reason to fight than absolutely no reason at all. And looking back now I just don't get it.

The irony in this now is that I have completely removed myself from this scenario all together by choosing to be single...until the end of time. Just kidding.. but for the past year or so...and I have witnessed more of the 'college Erin' behavior than I'd like to admit. And as I always do - I'll resist mentioning names and speak entirely in generalizations. What the FUCK is wrong with all of you??? And to be honest - I can't even lie and say that it's equally as much the girls fault as it is the guys'. No. It's ENTIRELY the girls' fault. Why do we all act like this?!?!? Sure it could be insecurities. It could be attention whoriness (definitely a word). It could be their friends ultimate unhappiness which results in severe projecting...never a good thing. I mean the possibilities are endless.

But seriously - what is the point??!?!! Why is it that we all have a problem just being happy with our lives the way they are?!?! It's sickening to me. And even though I am a complete hypocrite saying that - I am going to say it anyway and leave you all with some advice.

As long as you are with someone who makes you happy...you make them happy and you both genuinely enjoy each other's company...you're good to go. So lock that shit up and stop picking fights. It's annoying and pointless. You can be spending your time doing much more important stuff...like going to Chipotle...or something.

Night night.

1 comment:

  1. My fights always end quickly.

    Because I'm always right.

    :)

    PS Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete